• 101 students were enrolled in the summer and 94 got the credit.
• Students were prepared for secondary school as a result of our program giving them the following:
– Exposure to the grade 9 curriculum.
– Academically and socially prepared through life skills component.
– Awareness of resources such as Senior Mentors and SBL staff.
– Feeling a sense of connectedness and confidence.
• Of students surveyed in 2009-10, 100% indicated an improvement in grades, motivation and/or attendance through the program.
• 14 Mentors received a co-op credit. 20 students volunteered.
• As reflected in surveys, 100% of our mentors have discovered new levels of purpose, responsibility, and focus.
• There were 5 SBL Staff and 8 TDSB teachers.
• Secured the York University Faculty Association as trustee, while SBL engages in the process of achieving charitable status.
• Secured a partnership agreement with the Toronto District School Board.